Monteregio di Massa Marittima DOC Riserva 2019
Decanter World Wine Awards 2022 Silver Medal
Monteregio di Massa Marittima is a DOC created in 1994 on the coastal area of Tuscany named Maremma. Total production and yields from this DOC are small while the quality of these Tuscan Red Wines is very high. At Conti di San Bonifacio we set the benchmark and are a point of reference amongst producers. We achieve this by making an iconic Monteregio di Massa Marittima DOC Riserva which is locally and globally acclaimed. All our grapes are Organically grown on the Estate.
To produce this wine we have to follow the laws of the DOC which require a minimum of 80% Sangiovese while the remaining 20% can be of any red varietal not exceeding 10% individually. The native red grape of Tuscany, Sangiovese, can be a very challenging red wine to harness. However here at Conti di San Bonifacio, the terroir and the careful discipline applied in the Cantina allow us to make a unique Wine which has much more to offer than the traditional Sangiovese you can find in Chianti and even Brunello di Montalcino.
Sangiovese (85%), Syrah (10%), Cabernet Franc (5%)
In temperature-controlled stainless steel vats at 26º-28º C for 18 days.
Before reaching the market our bottles completes a three years ageing process on average. As a result, wine are aged eighteen months in second-year French oak barrels and a minimum of three months in bottle. This is because we love to serve wines which are ready to drink
A wine the colour of ruby garnet just like those Brunellos! Ruby is the colour of Sangiovese.
Intense red fruit along with highly pleasurable notes of blueberry, cocoa, oak and hint of cinnamon on the nose.
Densely textured and persistent on the palate with a savoury freshness. It fully respects the character of the Sangiovese grape from the Monteregio hills with a nice long length finish. The well-managed tannins blend perfectly with the oak, making this a complex and elegant wine with a lovely length and persistence and smooth finish.
|Size of Bottle|
750 ml, 1500 ml